2019- Four-year undergraduate degree in Visual Communication Design at the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
2021 to 2023 – Master of Design at the University of Concordia, Canada
Avalon is a multi-medium visual communication designer whose visual language prioritizes texture and working by hand before digital execution. Currently in her second year in the Master of Design at Concordia, her research topic explores the engendered feminine bodies of navigating public spaces daily. Through oral history methods, she asks how broader, gendered, societal structures and personal experiences affect our daily spatial practice. Under this topic, her research-creation explores how VCD might bring a sense of aurality into the transcription and communication of oral history through a combination of poetics, moving images, and audio.
- Transit Tales (Risograph stop-motion animation): https://vimeo.com/user128197373
- (in)visability: https://vimeo.com/748980463
- Co-created story: https://vimeo.com/485465456
- Defiant Walking: https://vimeo.com/485931229
- Idle Traces: https://vimeo.com/485842680