Eileen Mary Holowka
PhD Candidate, Communication Studies, Concordia University
2017 – MA English Creative Writing, Concordia University
2015 – BA Honours English Literature, University of Winnipeg
Eileen Mary Holowka is a writer and PhD candidate currently studying feminist social media practices around chronic pain and ‘invisible’ illnesses. She has worked in both theatre and games, as with Place des ALTs, a playable art project for Montreal’s largest ever public art event, KM3. Her most recent project, circuits (2018), is a digital narrative about the difficult act of narrating sexual trauma within institutional spaces and can be played for free online: https://eileen-mary.itch.io/circuits/
- Khalili-Mahani, N., B. De Schutter, M. Mirgholami, E.M. Holowka et al. “For Whom the Games Toll: A Qualitative and Intergenerational Evaluation of What is Serious in Games for Older Adults.” The Computer Games Journal.
- “The Post and the Grab: Instagram Memes and Affective Labour.” Youth Mediations and Affective Relations. Palgrave Macmillan.
- “Between Artifice and Emotion: The ‘Sad Girls’ of Instagram” Leadership, Popular Culture, and Social Change. Edward Elgar.
- circuits. https://eileen-mary.itch.io/circuits/
- THE MUSEUM, Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario. Interactive narrative game.
- Place des ALTs. Place des Festivals, Montreal, Quebec. Live and app-based.
- Walking Date. London, England. Live action.